Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter is my second favorite season next to summer. I hate the cold but I love the snow, especially if it is a white Christmas. As a little kid we had many Christmas traditions such as we would open presents Christmas Eve instead of Christmas day. We opened them the night before because Christmas day is reserved for Santa's gifts. My sister and I would always wake up really early on Christmas day and run down the stairs and see what Santa brought us hoping it would be really good. We would also leave cookies and milk out for Santa as well. A classic tradition that we do as well is every year we will watch the Christmas Story, because every year they have a 24 hour marathon so we always watch that and have a good time. Another thing I love about winter is the possibility of snow days. You know the typical kid hears the weather man say a snowstorm is on the way and you get all excited that you may have a snow day, then when you don't get it you get disappointed.

No comments: